This week’s challenge for #romancingthehome is a Christmas wreath. I love wreaths, I think that they are so pretty! They add beautiful colour and texture to a space. The problem is that here in South Africa, there are very few wreaths to be found. And the ones that can be found are usually way too expensive. The obvious answer is therefore to make one yourself!
To make things even easier, I used the base wreath and greenery that I had used for my DIY spring wreath. This whole project took me not even 10 minutes!
What you will need:
- Grapevine wreath
- Faux greenery to your liking (I used greenery and eucalyptus from Mr Price Home)
- Ribbon for the wreath
- A beautiful giant bow (see my tutorial here)
How to put the wreath together:
- Thread the greenery through the wreath, in the place that you want it. I placed mine at the bottom of the wreath
- Wrap the ribbon around the wreath and tuck the ends in the back of the greenery to hide them.
- Place your bow in it’s position – I chose to centre it on the bottom of the wreath.
You are done – it really is as simple as that!
Now, I would love to make another, fuller wreath. If I could find some faux pine greenery and red berry picks… If you see anything like that around, please let me know! I promise that I will show you how I make it!
Looking for some more inspo? Then check out my friends for their take on this week’s challenge: